Friday 8 September 2017

Wellington to Auckland on 22-8-2017

On 22 August I flew back from Wellington to Auckland on Air New Zealand flight NZ 418, operated by A 320 ZK-OXJ.  There weren't many passengers so I was allocated window seat 27F which provided me with a great view of the North Island unfolding below me.  I particularly looked for the various airfields/airports as we made our way North.  You can click on the photos once or twice to enlarge them.

Climbing out over the South Coast...

Paraparaumu Airport under a bit of a cloud with Kapiti Island in the foreground...

Foxpine airstrip on the far left with the Manawatu Rivermouth...

Wanganui Airport with the Wanganui River (or is that Whanganui?)...

A nice carpet of snow over the Central Plateau mountains...

Raglan airfield at the bottom with Raglan Harbour looking great...

And finally Ardmore in the distance, looking straight down Runway 07.

Not a bad trip for $49!

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot's

    Yeah might be $49 0n main Trunk but regions don't get those sorta Fares just cost me to Fly for NP to CHCH $208 one way and on a Jet Prop .....

    ReplyDelete